Upgrade to Full Time Job
Uploaded 10th Oct 2021 at 3:07 PM · Updated 10th Oct 2021 at 3:21 PM by Lamare
This is a custom phone call that allows sims to upgrade from a part-time career to a corresponding full-time career.
Remember how working teens grow up and get transferred from a teen career to an adult career branch (e.g. teen culinary → adult culinary with promotion)? This mod does the same thing, but for adults and elders, and at any time. Just call Work → Upgrade to Full Time Career. The phone call is available to sims who have a part time job.
On top of the standard procedure, your sim will get a memory of promotion and fulfil some wants: to enter career track, to get a promotion, to reach certain career level.
You may configure this mod by editing its BCON #1004 called "Tuning - Mod This Mod".
- Check performance? - set to 1, if you want job performance to affect whether a sim can upgrade.
- Allow teens? - set to 1, if you want teens to be able to upgrade, while still being teens. This won't make the school go away, and the hours may overlap.
- Minimum performance threshold - could be from -100 to 100. If "Check performance?" is set to 1, sim's performance must be this high or higher to be able to upgrade. Average performance is 0 (half full bar).
- Add promotion memory? - set to 1, if you want a sim to receive a memory of promotion.
- Only from top level? - set to 1, if you want to allow upgrade only for sims who reached the top (3) level of their part-time career (as if they were trainees and completed an internship).
Versions (pick one!)
I made a few, but if you'd like a version I haven't provided and can't edit the file yourself, you may ask me to make one.
- (A) Non-restrictive. For teens, adults and elders. Career level doesn't matter. Job performance doesn't matter. Promotion memory is added.
- (B) The strictest. Only for adults and elders. Only from top career level. Job performance must be excellent (95). Promotion memory is added.
- (С) Only for adults and elders. Career level doesn't matter. Job performance must be at least average (0). Promotion memory is added.
- (D) For teens, adults and elders. Only from top career level. Job performance doesn't matter. Promotion memory is added.
You don't need any particular expansion pack, but you do need some EP/SP after Night Life, I think.
I tested the mod on Ultimate Collection, and I can't really confirm how it works on other game versions, but I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. Feel free to try it out.
This is a standalone object, so the odds of conflict are very low. That being said, this mod may conflict with another custom phone call that has the exact same category and sub-category, which is very unlikely (129/42, found in OBJD).
Also, any hack that changes the standard procedure that newly grown sims go through when they get upgraded will affect the results.
About custom careers
So, what would be a corresponding full-time career for a custom part-time career? It depends on the creator's choice.
If you want to find out, what adult career is linked to a certain custom teen/elder career, try one of the three things.
- Read career's description on its download page.
- Test the upgrade procedure in game without saving.
- Look inside the package. More on that below.
- Open the career's package in SimPE.
- Find a behavior function called "CT - Upgrade Job to Adult".
- Click on it and look at it in Plugin View.
- The adult career that you see in there is the one. Unless the creator has unlinked the node inside the function or otherwise edited it to do nothing. Then nothing will happen in game when you try to upgrade a sim working in this career.
- If you only see a GUID instead of a clear career name, copy that number and use SimPE's search tools: either Finder (binocular), or Tools → PJSE → Simantics Resource Finder.
- If you can't find any object with this GUID, it's possible that it's another custom career. Did you download an adult counterpart of the teen/elder career you have opened? Then it might be it.
- If there is no "CT - Upgrade Job to Adult" BHAV inside the teen/elder career package, then also nothing will happen.
I'm not a native English speaker and I wonder if the notifications sound alright? Let me know what you think in the comments.
Type: Object Mods
This download has specific instructions!
Please pick ONE file only
| Non-restrictive. For teens, adults and elders. Career level does not matter. Job performance does not matter. Promotion memory is added.
Size: 6.7 KB · Downloads: 147 · 10th Oct 2021
|6.7 KB||147||10th Oct 2021|
| The strictest. Only for adults and elders. Only from top career level. Job performance must be excellent (95). Promotion memory is added.
Size: 6.7 KB · Downloads: 76 · 10th Oct 2021
|6.7 KB||76||10th Oct 2021|
| Only for adults and elders. Career level does not matter. Job performance must be at least average (0). Promotion memory is added.
Size: 6.7 KB · Downloads: 62 · 10th Oct 2021
|6.7 KB||62||10th Oct 2021|
| For teens, adults and elders. Only from top career level. Job performance does not matter. Promotion memory is added.
Size: 6.7 KB · Downloads: 56 · 10th Oct 2021
|6.7 KB||56||10th Oct 2021|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Latest updated mods:
- YA Job Panel Revealer now shows hints in menu option
- YA-work-wants-fears-Better - fixed a recent mistake that might have prevented YAs from wanting to get a non-specific job
- Electric box: computer's interactions won't get disabled for no reason, and the power/phone outages should be less often
- Maternity set: Uni-school-bus+privateschoolbillfix and fixed non-english text strings in YA-move-out-of-college
- Job options: career-types-mutually-satisfy-wants and three updates
- Updated Uni-aging to include pets
- Sofa/Chair Bed: non-autonomous versions
Mods in progress. These mods work, but might be unfinished.
- Music Preferences Mod: Favorite Radio Stations, Stereo Ownership, Dancing Autonomy
- Toddlers: outings and restaurants
- Electrical box, power generator and more
- Marriage for students (cluttered and confusing thread)
- Moving out mod
Policy: for personal use and for science.
Don't include my stuff with lots, because it's all hacks and mods. Exception: sims 3 paintings.
When in doubt, ask me.