Slide Down Error Fix for Custom Stairs and Ladders
With this global fix sims won't cause errors and jump bugs trying to slide down the custom stairs and ladders.
Do you need it?
If you have M&G and your kids and teens reset sometimes while trying to use custom stairs or ladders, this mod is for you. If you don't have this problem, pass by
The problem concerns custom stairs that haven't been updated for Mansion & Garden (possibly only the straight ones, non-modular, and non-spiral).
How it works
When a sim is considering sliding down, the game checks if the type of stairs is OK. Most, if not all, custom stairs are not, so this is what I did. I made a list of approved for sliding straight stairs that include all the Maxis ones, except for "Step It Up" Pyramid that has no railings (it was originally excluded, too).
From now on, sims won't try to slide down any straight stairs and ladders, except these.
- Gothwise Staircase by I. Ron Smith - GUID 0xAC901C39 ("Stairs - Straight - ArtNouveau")
- Altitude Attitude, Inc. "Step-By-Step" Staircase - GUID 0x6C907C09 ("Stairs - Straight - Club")
- "Stare Stepper" Staircase - GUID 0xCC9076AA ("Stairs - Straight - Designer")
- Stairway to Eleven - GUID 0xAC907B14 ("Stairs - Straight - Loft")
- Upwardly Mobile Staircase - GUID 0xAC90776E ("Stairs - Straight - Quaint")
- Simple Structure Staircase - GUID 0x8C907A78 ("Stairs - Straight - Value")
- A Stair to Not Forget by Smart Deco - GUID 0x35DC2D72 ("Stairs - Straight - Deco")
- A Stair to Remember by Smart Deco - GUID 0xF5E6AE0A ("Stairs - Sweeping - Staircase Deco")
- Sweeping Success Staircase - GUID 0xF5B864B3 ("Stairs - Sweeping - Quaint Style")
Mansion and Garden
This mod may conflict with other mods that override the same resource:
Slide Down - Exclude? | 0x42484156 0x7F0C60C8 0x0000203D
This is just a quick fix. There may be a better way, like, to actually update custom stairs to support the sliding down feature, but I don't care enough to try. They need some additional bones or something.
Interesting fact: some custom spiral stairs and most custom ladders seem to be cloned from straight stairs.
Pictured CC ladders:
Marvine's Ladder with custom animations and it's metal clone with Beosboxboy's mesh and texture
Phaenoh's Climbing Mesh
Rebecah's Indian Style Ladder
Object Mods: Object Interaction Mods (things that change how sims interact with objects or their environment, like "Multi-owner door" or "sunbathe anywhere")
Global Mods: Mods that change the way the game works without requiring any user intervention.
No Autonomy: Mods to disable or reduce autonomous actions by sims
|Mansion and Garden|
Size: 374 Bytes · Downloads: 653 · 8th Oct 2021
|374 Bytes||653||8th Oct 2021|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.
Latest updated mods:
- Wider Design Tool: added two more versions
- Invisible Kitchen Surface: fixed a bug
- Maternity set: new versions with less child wants and removed gender preference restrictions
- 50 LTWs: translations
- Hobby Lot Visitor Fix: added family restrictions
- LTW Chooser: Shapeshifting, Rerolling and Support for future wants
- Job options: career-types-mutually-satisfy-wants compatible with LTWs
- YA Job Panel Revealer now shows hints in menu options
Mods in progress. These mods work, but might be unfinished.
- Music Preferences Mod: Favorite Radio Stations, Stereo Ownership, Dancing Autonomy
- Toddlers: outings and restaurants
- Electrical box, power generator and more
- Marriage for students (cluttered and confusing thread)
- Moving out mod
Policy: for personal use and for science.
Don't include my stuff with lots, because it's all hacks and mods. Exception: sims 3 paintings.
I'm fine with you reusing bits of my code. Give credit where appropriate.