CF Seasons Dress - Alpha Flowers Fix
Uploaded 19th Jul 2007 at 1:43 PM · Updated 16th Nov 2008 at 9:20 PM by CatOfEvilGenius
This very small file is not really a hack... all it does is fix the problem with the one cute little puff-sleeved dress for girls that came with Seasons. There was a problem with the linking of the material definitions, so instead of cutting out the alpha for the flowers on the sash and sandals, it would make those parts the same colour as the sim's skin - which looked really weird. This was due to, well, a mistake on Maxis's part, but this will fix it.
This file will not change any recolours you have made or downloaded for this outfit - only the 5 Maxis originals. Any new recolours you make after installing this file should have proper alpha flowers, and will not require this file for your recolours to work with proper alpha flowers for other people.
I'm not sure if it'll fix the flowers on any girls in your game currently wearing the outfit, so if you find the flowers are still skin-coloured after installing, change your girl's clothes into something else and then back into the dress.
Thanks to Quaxi and everyone who has contributed to the development of SimPE. Thanks also to Nouk for pointing me in the right direction for the original files to default-replace. And as always, a huge thanks to the rest of the MTS2 staff, especially Delphy, for giving me a place to learn how to do interesting stuff for pixel dollies.
Size: 922 Bytes · Downloads: 7,611 · 19th Jul 2007
|922 Bytes||7,611||19th Jul 2007|
Key: - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
- Origin (Ultimate Collection): Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows Vista/7/8/10: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Non-Origin, Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
- Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads
- Mac x64: /Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/Downloads
- For a full, complete guide to downloading complete with pictures and more information, see: Game Help: Downloading for Fracking Idiots.
- Custom content not showing up in the game? See: Game Help: Getting Custom Content to Show Up.
- If you don't have a Downloads folder, just make one. See instructions at: Game Help: No Downloads Folder.