Ha’penny Cottage (starter home)
*This just barely qualifies as a starter home for a single Sim. Those wishing to have more than §3 to spend on food, books, classes etc. might want to lose some of the furnishings temporarily or downgrade to the cheap bath.
Price: §16497 furnished, §11030 unfurnished
No expansions are required for the unfurnished version: there are a few plants from World Adventures and University Life but they would be easy to replace.
The furnishings are a mixture of the base game, Generations and Supernatural, with one curtain from Ambitions.
No stuff packs or store items were used.
The upstairs was built from roof pieces for reasons of economy. I was worried that this would stop it from being weatherproof. Oddly, although rain is kept out, snow does collect on a single length of banister (see screenshot) but Sims in the room stay warm and don’t seem to notice the indoor snow.
Number of bedrooms:
Custom Content Included:
Build content only: only Walls, floors, terrain paint, fences, stairs, windows, doors, etc.
Fully Furnished: Lot is completely decked out in furnishings
Title: Ha'penny Cottage
Description: Small one-bedroom country cottage.
Custom Content Required!
The following custom content is required for this download to function properly! Please make sure you download it before downloading the files!
Size: 1.63 MB · Downloads: 441 · 29th Aug 2022
|1.63 MB||441||29th Aug 2022|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file.
2. Select the .sims3pack file you got from extracting.
3. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
5. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Select the house icon, find the lot in the list, and tick the box next to it. Then press the Install button below the list.
6. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the lot to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
7. Run the game, and find your lot in Edit Town, in the premade lots bin.
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see Game Help:Installing TS3 Packswiki for a full, detailed step-by-step guide!
You are welcome to use my walls in builds uploaded to MTS (and I’d like to see what you do with them) but please link to the original post rather than including them in your own upload.