Archibald's Family Reunion - Regal Living Door Expansion
So I pulled the door apart and this expansion kit was born. I started out with a simple mesh edit/retexture to remove the mail flap on the double tile version, so that it could be used as an exterior door and not look so silly. I then took it a step further and turned it into a single door. The single door has the lock and mailbox part, to keep realism but it comes with a version that doesn't have that mailbox flap. Then as a final piece, I made a single arch to compliment the Double arch.
If you don't have the Original door, this expansion isn't so useful... You can purchase it here
The doors can be found in Build Mode under Doors and the arch will be with the Arches in build mode.
Prices/Descriptions are as listed. I tried to keep them as close to Ea's originals and keep the descriptions and names matching.
Archibald (Back) Door - 600 Simoleans
The finest interiors deserve the finest entryways. That's a fact. but what about the exitways? What about not wanting mail to flow into your kitchen? That's what the Archibald (Back) door is for! A perfect compliment to the Entryway!
Son of Archibald Door - 500 Simoleans
It's common sense that fine interiors deserve fine entryways. But when your exterior isn't as big, you need a smaller entryway to compliment. That's where the Son of Archibald door steps in. With this door, your entry will retain the same fineness, even with a smaller space
Son of Archibald (back) Door - 500 Simoleans
With a smaller yet really fine home, you really don't want to waste space having mail fly into the kitchen. The Son of Archibald (Back) Door takes care of that issue by making it so you don't have a slot for that mail to go in.
Son of Archibald Arch - 100 Simoleans
It's a commonality that the finest rooms deserves the finest archways. But when crimped for space, you'll need The Son of Archibald Arch, which will keep that commonality met while saving your space!
2 Tile Door - No Mailbox
1 Tile - Mailbox
1 Tile - No Mailbox
MLOD: 566 (I couldn't reduce further without problem)
EA - Pretty door and never completing pretty doors.
TSRW/Milkshape/Autodesk Maya 2014
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Archibald Door Expansions.zip
| The Doors!
Size: 1.30 MB · Downloads: 4,659 · 2nd Dec 2015
|1.30 MB||4,659||2nd Dec 2015|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: