Werknothom Half Wall [TS2 to TS3]
I remade the textures completely to work best in Sims 3. I also attempted to recreate the colours from the Sims 2 version as best as I could.
NOTE: I do want to notate that Sims 3 has a problem with presets on half walls. Selecting a preset from the catalog tended to just default it to the main preset. I'm unsure if there's a way to fix this or if it's hard coded that halfwalls don't show/utilize presets from the catalog, but just putting that out there. I also notice that the thumbnails for the walls break and don't show the actual presets. I've tried to fix it, but it's just not something I know how to fix. Workaround is to simply enter CAST on the half wall and select the preset you wish to use.
Name: Werknothom Half Wall
Description: Too much wall makes a room boxy. This is really just enough wall to define a boundary between a room and the rest of… uh… the room.
Catalog location: Build Mode >> Half Walls
Railing: 176 Faces
Diagonal: 264 Faces
Post: 310 Faces
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS - check below for more information.
Size: 706.4 KB · Downloads: 405 · 20th Oct 2022
|706.4 KB||405||20th Oct 2022|
|For a detailed look at individual files, see the Information tab.|
- - File was updated after upload was posted
1. Click the file listed on the Files tab to download the file to your computer.
2. Extract the zip, rar, or 7z file. Now you will have either a .package or a .sims3pack file.
For Package files:
1. Cut and paste the file into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder. If you do not already have this folder, you should read the full guide to Package files first: Sims 3:Installing Package Fileswiki, so you can make sure your game is fully patched and you have the correct Resource.cfg file.
2. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
For Sims3Pack files:
1. Cut and paste it into your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads folder. If you do not have this folder yet, it is recommended that you open the game and then close it again so that this folder will be automatically created. Then you can place the .sims3pack into your Downloads folder.
2. Load the game's Launcher, and click on the Downloads tab. Find the item in the list and tick the box beside it. Then press the Install button below the list.
3. Wait for the installer to load, and it will install the content to the game. You will get a message letting you know when it's done.
4. Run the game, and find your content where the creator said it would be (build mode, buy mode, Create-a-Sim, etc.).
Extracting from RAR, ZIP, or 7z: You will need a special program for this. For Windows, we recommend 7-Zip and for Mac OSX, we recommend Keka. Both are free and safe to use.
Need more help?
If you need more info, see: